Designed to support KS2 Spanish
- ¡Mi Madrid! is designed to support non-specialist language teachers in the classroom and is supported by comprehensive Teachers’ Notes, transcripts and translations which can be downloaded from the website.
- The episodes are 15 minutes long and each one is divided into four sections so that they can be played in one go, or the sections can be used separately.
- English girl, Charlie, has just moved to Madrid with her dad and is learning Spanish with the help of her new friend Quique, his mum Sofía, and his uncle Manu.
- Charlie and Quique visit different locations around Madrid and on the way Charlie improves her Spanish and learns about Spanish culture.
- Each episode includes a visit to a Madrid location, simple discussions about grammar and pronunciation, a story and a song.
¡Mi Madrid! is broadcast on BBC School Radio on Friday mornings from 12th January and the episodes are available to download from the website after transmission.