Monday, 31 July 2017

Squashed Tomato Challenge

My boys really enjoy practical Science activities, they learn so much more by getting hands on in Science than merely writing answers in books. Science for us is exploring the world around them and working out problems.

We had a brief discussion in Geography about Nepal and how farmers grow their own fruit and vegetables on the mountainside and who then carry these products down the mountain to sell at the market. This led to a STEM challenge through Practical Action - Could they design, make and test a way of moving tomatoes safely down the mountainside? our mountainside being our staircase!!!


To take part in the Tomato challenge or one of the other challenges see he link below, have fun!!


https://practicalaction.org/squashed-tomato-challenge-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Education Guide

Asalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu I decided to Home Educate back in 2003 when I had my first child, and now teach all my ...