Thursday, 13 April 2017

The John Muir Award

I have heard that many home edders have paid a lot of money to achieve this award when it can actually be done as a family free of charge in a garden or local area you feel passionately about conserving. We chose our local park and I contacted the Park Manager. I organised for the children to make duck huts for the lake which they built up, painted, varnished and then they were placed in the island in the middle of the lake for the ducks in winter. They also cleared streams, identified pondlife, went on scavenger hunts, identified birds using the boxes around the park, wrote poems, articles, painted pictures, went on walks, etc. whilst recording their adventures in the logbook provided.

The website has all the details and forms to complete. After submitting your ideas they will get in touch with you and send you extra curricular activity ideas, logbooks etc.

https://www.johnmuirtrust.org/john-muir-award

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Education Guide

Asalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu I decided to Home Educate back in 2003 when I had my first child, and now teach all my ...