Sunday, 26 March 2017

Our Home Ed Montessori Play


What is Montessori?

Montessori is a system of education for young children that seeks to develop natural interests and activities rather than using formal teaching methods.

How do I use Montessori at home?

I use various Montessori play activities up to around the age of 5 or 6 or until I feel they are ready to progress to workbooks. I feel my children are benefiting from this way of learning as it develops confidence in their abilities and independence in their daily tasks. It helps to develop their motor coordination, fine motor skills and language skills.

Where do I the resources?

There are many different Montessori activities to buy online but I usually research activities through books and websites and then make them myself  at home. They are then left out on the kitchen for the younger ones to explore whilst their older siblings get on with their own studies. Here are some we've been doing recently.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Education Guide

Asalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu I decided to Home Educate back in 2003 when I had my first child, and now teach all my ...